The Romanian-U.S. Fulbright Commission organizes
Fulbright Student Award to the United States
The Romanian-U.S. Fulbright Commission is pleased to announce the 2017-2018 Fulbright Student Award competition for master’s study or research in the United States. Applicants can be Romanian graduates – BA, MA or PhD students – from accredited public and private universities. BA students are also invited to apply if they are in their final year of undergraduate study.
The Fulbright Student Award provides: international travel, tuition and university fees within established budget limits, books and supplies allowance, accident/sickness insurance and a living stipend for one academic year.
The applicants will be selected through open, merit-based competition to participate in quality graduate level programs in any academic field except the clinical ones (i.e. that include patient contact).
► Grant duration: one academic year (9 months, starting August 2017)
► Applicants must meet the following criteria:
– Have Romanian citizenship; green card holders and persons with dual (Romanian and U.S.) citizenship are ineligible;
– Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree (BA students may apply if they are in their final year of undergraduate study);
– Have English proficiency;
– If applying in law, applicants must hold a degree in that field.
► Each applicant will be required to submit:
– A complete online application (https://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/international/20/), including all supplemental forms (see the left-side menu of the online application);
– Three letters of recommendation from university professors and/or other acknowledged Romanian or foreign professionals, submitted directly in the online application by referees or mailed as signed official paper copies (by May 9, 2016, postmarked);
– Academic transcripts and diplomas for all undergraduate and graduate levels, accompanied by translations, scanned and uploaded to the online application by May 9, 2016; official paper transcripts should be sent at a later date, only by those who are selected for interview; high-school transcripts and diplomas are not required. Standardized tests are not obligatory in the first stages of the competition. Score reports will be required prior to November 25, 2016. Test vouchers for exam registration will be provided only to the Romanian final nominees who must take TOEFL (for research) and TOEFL, GRE or GMAT (for master’s degree).
Application deadline: May 9, 2016
Please refer to the Complete Online Application Instructions: http://foreign.fulbrightonline.org/uploads/files/application-instructions/Romania.pdf
Note: Only online applications will be accepted. Incomplete applications lead to exclusion of the respective applicant from further selection process. Paper documents will not be returned.
* for further information, please send your inquiries to: email@example.com