Academy of European Law organizes
Preventing Radicalisation in Detention
October 12-13, 2017
This second seminar in a series of four co-funded by the European Commission on issues related to countering terrorism and radicalisation will focus on preventing radicalisation in prisons. The use of the relevant Framework Decisions and the European Arrest Warrant (EAW) in relation to the radicalisation and de-radicalisation process will be analysed, along with the judiciaries role in this area.
– Framework Decisions 829 (European Supervision Order), 909 (transfer of prisoners) and 947 (probation and alternative sanctions), their implementation and proper use in relation to the (de-)radicalisation process
– The EAW and pre-trial detention in relation to apprehending and (de-)radicalising individuals
– The role of the judiciary in disengagement and de-radicalisation
– De-radicalisation programmes in prisons and religious counselling
Who should attend?
Judges, prosecutors, lawyers in private practice, ministry officials, and officials from judicial training institutions, prison administrations, the probation services and prison monitoring bodies.
* for more information: +49 (0)651 937 37 310, Ramin Farinpour, Course Director, Senior Lawyer – Criminal Law