Academy of European Law organizes
Annual Conference on Countering Terrorism in the EU 2017
November 23-24, 2017
This annual conference will analyse the latest developments in the European Union’s response to the threat of terrorism, with a focus on the follow-up to the adoption of EU Directive 2017/541 on combating terrorism, the ongoing implementation of the European Agenda on Security, as well as the European Commission’s latest proposals to tackle violent radicalisation leading to terrorism, terrorist financing and the freezing of assets.
– Actions implemented since the adoption of EU Directive (EU) 2017/541 on combating terrorism, especially in relation to terrorist offences, offences related to terrorist groups and activities, as well as specific measures of protection and assistance to victims of terrorism
– Measures to improve cross-border cooperation in relation to the exchange of information, investigations, arrests and prosecutions
– Dealing with radicalised individuals and foreign fighters
– Latest developments regarding the EU Action Plan for strengthening the fight against terrorist financing, money laundering and asset recovery
– Counter-terrorism and human rights in the case law of the European Court of Human Rights.
Who should attend?
Defence lawyers, law enforcement officers, ministerial officials, judges, prosecutors and NGOs.
* for more information: +49 (0)651 937 37 310, Ramin Farinpour, Course Director, Senior Lawyer – Criminal Law