The Legal 500 in association with Albu Legal organises
Coping with white-collar crime threats and internal investigations in Romania
18 May 2021
Investigation work is peppered with legal and practical issues for which there is not always one correct solution. In recent years, organisations of all sizes, sectors and markets have been faced with managing internal investigations in response to an increase in white-collar crime and misconduct risks.
This webinar, brought to you by The Legal 500 and Albu Legal, is designed to provide general counsel and risk & compliance professionals with guidance on the practical steps that can be taken to mitigate, manage and overcome the different stages of an investigation in Romania, from the initial complaint to the final outcome.
We will discuss the expectations of governance, compliance and self reporting when it comes to an increased risk of fraud and bribery. The session will also contemplate the key practical issues for employers to consider when carrying out multi-jurisdictional investigations in a remote working environment and provide tips for engagement with foreign authorities and regulators.
Discussion points include:
– Internal and external investigation trigger: whistleblowing systems.
– Impact on corporate liability.
– Conducting investigations in Covid times.
– In-house view: pre-emptive approach to Covid era internal issues and the investigational approach.
– Practicalities related to the interactions with public authorities during various investigations.
Click here to register for this webinar